Video Poker – Play safely on Betnero CasinoVideo Poker has gained popularity in recent years. Ever since the 1970s, more and more players opt to play video poker. For many, the ease of being able to play against a machine is a big draw. You have the freedom to join when and where you want, and sometimes not having to play with others at a casino is tempting.
Our casino offers you a fun, exciting, and safe place to play video poker. You have the option to play for real or for free. If you are a novice, you could try playing for free. The rules and gameplay will be exactly the same.
Video Poker – Most Popular Variants
There are hundreds of different video poker games for you to choose from. If you want to maximize your winning potential, you need to become familiar with the various rules and pay tables for each one.
Below you will find an introduction to the most popular variations of Video Poker. We will look at the characteristics and differences you can expect in each.
- Jacks or Better: Based on the traditional five-card draw, Jacks or Better is the most popular game. It has been played for centuries and is where poker first started. A single deck of cards is used, and you are dealt five cards. You choose what cards you want to hold onto in the hope of creating a winning combination. Payouts are based on the traditional poker combinations. It is a 9/6 form with RTP of 96.88%.The lowest paying hand is the Jacks or Better; A pair of Jacks. The highest winning hand is a Royal flush; Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10s of the same suit.
- Deuces Wild: Deuces Wild is also a simple and popular game. It can offer an RTP of over 100%. Based on a five-card draw, it is easier to make winning combinations as all twos (deuces) act as Wilds. So, if you have two sixes and a deuce, you can claim three of a kind. The deuces substitute any card, so winning is made easier.
- Aces and Faces: Aces and Faces is still based on Jacks or Better but introduces more complex ways of winning. The payouts can be bigger and do not follow the same rules. Increased payouts are given for all Four of a Kind hands. A hand of Four Aces is higher than a Straight Flush. Four Aces will get you a payout of 80-1.You can also match any four face cards (Ace/King/Queen or Jack) and get a 40-1 payout.
- Bonus Poker / Double Bonus Poker: Payouts are still based on traditional Jacks or Better payouts, but there is an introduction of payouts for certain types of Four of a Kind Hands. Four Aces will get you odds of 80-1 while four twos, three, or fours of a kind will payout 40-1.There is also Double Bonus Poker where the winnings are twice as high as the standard Bonus Poker. It is worth looking at the RTP of all variations of Bonus Poker as it can vary depending on which game you choose.
- All American: The All American is a progressive jackpot. It gives players an opportunity for much bigger payouts. This is when a winning hand does not only pay a fixed amount but keeps on progressing. This is possible as video games of the same type are networked linked. A percentage of all the bets placed added to the jackpot.Progressive jackpot games are mainly played using Jacks or Better game. Every time a player hits the jackpot, it is reset and then starts again. This game tends to be for the more experienced players as you need to think strategically.
- Tens or Better: With Tens or Better, you can win more frequently than with the standard Jacks or Better. This is because the lowest winning hand is a pair of tens. Therefore the paytable reflects this by offering lower but more payouts. The payouts for Full House and Royal Flush are 6/5 as opposed to 9 times and 6 times in Jacks and Better.
📖 Video Poker Rules – How to playIf you want to be successful at video poker, it is essential to learn the basic rules. Video Poker is very similar to traditional poker; you need to form winning combinations. The first step is to place a bet and press the deal button.
You will then be randomly given 5 cards from a single 52 card deck. It is up to you to then decide if you want to keep any or all your cards. You get rid of any cards that you feel will not help you to receive a winning hand.
Another deal will then replace your rejected cards, and any winning hands are formed. You will receive a payout according to the paytable and odds for each winning combination. Winning combinations are based on regular poker rules. However, variations in games, such as those discussed above, determine any additional combinations. The standard combinations from highest to lowest odds are Royal Flush, Straight Flush, Four of a Kind, Full House, Flush, Straight, Three of a Kind, Two Pair, and Jacks or Better.
📊 Video Poker Odds & Return to Player
Video Poker actually has some of the best RTP percentages along with Blackjack. Typically the return to player rate is better than most slot machines.
It is important to check the RTP and pay tables of every video poker game you play, as they will all be different. This will impact your gameplay and which cards you choose to hold. Most full play variations will offer an RTP of 99.54, but with games such as Deuce Wilds you can get a massive RTP of 100.08%. The initial Video Poker Odds for a single deck, five-card deal are listed in the table below. Once you choose which cards you want to hold and which ones you want to discard, the odds can change dramatically.
|Royal Flush||649,740 to 1|
|Straight Flush||72,193 to 1|
|Four of a Kind||4,165 to 1|
|Full House||694 to 1|
|Flush||509 to 1|
|Straight||255 to 1|
|Three of a kind||47 to 1|
|Two Pairs||21 to 1|
|Pair J, Q, K or A||7.69 to 1|
|Any Pair||2.37 to 1|
🔍 Video Poker Strategies and TipsIt is important to realize that the Jacks or Better game lays the foundation for all variations of video poker. Yet you will need to change tactics and strategy depending on what game you’re playing. The most important thing you can do is to become familiar with all the winning combinations.
Studying what forms a winning hand will help you decide what cards to hold onto and which ones to trade. A strategy list may be helpful, especially for beginners. It illustrates what cards to keep and how which ones to replace, depending on the cards you are initially dealt. For example, there is no point swapping if you are already guaranteed a payout, in the hope you will get a bigger payout. This is a mistake made by many beginners who rely on luck rather than strategy. You also need to evaluate each individual game. All differ in RTP and payout tables.
🎁 Video Poker Bonus – Up to CA$1,800Betnero offers great promotions for new and existing players. New players can get a welcome casino bonus of up to CA$1,800. For high rollers this is increased to CA$2,800. It’s simple to sign up. Head to the Betnero site and register to take advantage of the offer. Betnero also offers a loyalty program and a VIP Club for frequent visitors. The more you play, the more points you will receive. Points will award you with special offers and promotions that you can take advantage of.
💬 Video Poker FAQs
Where can I find a good video poker game?
Betnero test all-new games as soon as they are released. They look at which games have the best graphics, payouts, and bonuses. You will find a vast variety of games in Betnero’s online casino.
You can be safe in the knowledge that you are playing on a secure and user-friendly platform. It is vital that our customers enjoy the experience with minimal effort.