Video Poker – A Guide to Playing at Betnero Casino
Poker is an age-old game that is as exciting to play online as it is live. Betnero’s video poker games are based on the traditional five-card draw style and played on machines. With this operator, you can play for real money or just unwind and practice for free.
- How to find the video poker games on Betnero
To play at Betnero, click on the ‘Casino’ link in the main menu. Then choose ‘video poker’ from the secondary tab. You’ll see which games are available to play in demo mode or for real money.
Only the top games such as ‘Jacks or Better’ and ‘Deuces Wild’ are found on the site.
The casino is fully optimized for mobile devices and is compatible with Android and iOS platforms. You’ll only find games developed by the best software development companies such as Netent, Playson and Pragmatic Play.
Video Poker – Most Popular Variants
- Jacks or Better is the purest form of the game and has an attractive payback of 99.54%. Players receive a payout out when they get a pair of face cards or aces.
- Deuces Wild accepts that all deuces, or twos, serve as wild cards. These can be used by players to build a winning hand.
- Aces and Faces is a more complicated game. It comes with better prizes for all ‘four of a kind’ hands consisting of any face cards or aces.
- Bonus Poker / Double Bonus Poker is modelled on the classic ‘Jacks or Better,’ with the difference being that there are higher rewards for certain ‘four of a kind’ hands. A pair of jacks is the lowest winning combination.
- All American style also replicate the ‘Jacks and Better’ rules, but the payouts differ. You can expect higher payouts for a flush, straight flush, and straight.
- Tens or Betteruses a single deck, and winning is more frequent since the lowest paying hand is a pair of tens.
What are the Video Poker Rules
If you’re familiar with classic poker, you won’t have any difficulties understanding the rules of video poker.
Even though there are different variants, the games work according to a similar set of rules.
- At the start of the game, you’re dealt five cards.
- You can choose to discard some or hold on to the entire hand.
- The ones you discard will be replaced with other single cards in a random draw.
- If your hand matches any of the qualifying poker combinations, you win the prize.
Video Poker Odds & Return to Player
You should also watch out for a 9/6 paytable. Games with that spec will pay nine to one if you hold a full house. Games with these odds are called “full pay” games.
Video Poker Strategies and Tips
The biggest mistake that new players can make is to try and outguess the game. A proper video poker strategy takes time to learn; you must master it to the point where it’s second nature.
Take note of the RTP for the specific game; you stand a better chance if the paytable offers 99.54% than one that has 97.29%. Furthermore, you need to be aware that certain variations require specific strategies. Finally, remember that poker is a game of chance even with a strategic plan, and you may not win every time.
Video Poker Bonus – Up to EUR 1,440
Betnero has a generous bonus for its new players. You can get a 100% bonus up to EUR 1440 on your first four deposits. Included in the promotion are 140 free spins to use on the exciting casino game slots.
Players that play regularly can join the Betnero Loyalty program. Earn points every time you play and climb the levels to get benefits such as free spins and increased cashback percentages.
Video Poker FAQs
How does video poker work?
Is online video poker legal?
The game is legal, but only if online gambling is allowed in the country where the player is situated. Betnero is a fully licensed operator and legal in most jurisdictions, but we recommend checking your local laws and regulations before signing up.
What types of video poker are available?
There are over 80 different variants of this popular game. The following are the more well-known ones: Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild, Aces and Eights, Jokers Wild, Tens or Better.
Which video poker games have the best odds?
Most experienced poker players know that the games with the best odds are the Deuces Wild games with full-pay. If the gamer plays with a perfect strategy, the house edge disappears, and the average return can increase to around 100.7%.
What are the advantages of video poker?
The game has a low house edge and is known for being one of the best casino games payout percentages. You’ll need to learn how to read the tables to determine whether the odds stack in your favor.
How many decks are in video poker?
All casinos use a standard 52-card deck.
What is the Best Video Poker Payout?
Some machines claim a payout of 100% RTP. That’s not in the short term, though, and it takes consistent playing to hit those RTPs. However, most online poker games can payout over 99% with optimal play, which is even higher than the best slots.
How is Video Poker Different From Slots?
Slot averages vary between 70-90%, whereas the video poker RTP is much higher at 97-99%.
Are There Progressive Jackpot Video Poker Machines?
Even though progressive jackpots are mostly associated with slot games, many casinos also have them available on poker machines.